SEAREG’s fifth annual meeting was held June 1 – 3, 2017 and hosted by the University of Texas at Austin. Download a copy of the schedule.
Our 2017 Young Southeast Asia Fellows presented their working papers over the course of the meeting. Reading copies are available:
- Andrea Di Miceli – Chasing the Key Player: A Network Approach to the Myanmar Civil War
- Mai Nguyen – Long-Run Impacts of State Integration Policies: Autonomy and Assimilation in the Democratic Republic of Vietnam
- Kerry Persen – The Moderates’ Dilemma: Obstacles to Mobilization Against Islamist Extremism
- Sharon Quinsaat – Linkages, Strategies, and Identities in Filipino Diaspora Mobilization
for Regime Change
- Ryan Tans – The Institutional Underpinnings of Fiscal Contracts in Indonesia: The Case of Surabaya