SEAREG’s fifth annual meeting will be held June 1 – 3, 2017 and hosted by the University of Texas at Austin.
Remember to check this site periodically for important registration information.
Papers by our 2016 Young Southeast Asia Fellows that were presented at the 2016 meeting are available below:
- Joseph Amick – Cash or Carry? Targeting Low Income Voters in Mayoral Election
- Michael Davidson – Why do candidates cooperate? Weak parties, vertical coordination and clans in the Philippines
- Erin Lin – How War Changes Land: The long-term economic impact of U.S. bombing in Cambodia
- Christine Ngo – Economic Development in a Rent-Seeking Society: The Vietnam Development Model
- Jacob Ricks – The Political Appeal of Language: Dialect and Voter Opinion in Thailand
Hotel information will be provided here as it becomes available.
Transportation to/from Austin Airport
Information about local transit to and from the airport to the meeting location will be posted here.
Luce Foundation Travel Grants
We are happy to announce that a grant from the Henry Luce Foundation enables us to offer ten (10) grants of up to $500 each to Ph.D. students wishing to attend the 2017 meeting.
These grants may be used to defray the costs of travel, accommodations, registration fees, and/or incidentals for students traveling to Ann Arbor. Students wishing to be considered for a travel grant should submit an email with: (1) a one-page summary of their research interests and experience and (2) a current CV.
Grantees will be chosen based on their scholarly promise as Southeast Asianists as well as attendance at the previous SEAREG meetings. Applications for Luce Foundation travel grants are due no later than April 1, 2017. Decisions will be announced soon thereafter.